Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ohio and Districts


I havent had a whole lot of time to blog, but I'll go ahead and give a quick update, and write more when I get a chance.

I wrestled at a tournament in Ohio which was a great experience. I did really well, pinning my first two opponents. I then beat the next kid 7-6. In the finals I had a nail bitter that ended in regulation 6-6, but he scored first in OT to win. But I will take second at an Ohio tournament.

Now I wrestled in districts. This is where it gets real. I have to place in the top 2 to move on to region. I wrestled pretty well, but my stomach was turned in knots knowing that I couldnt loose if I wanted to obtain my goal of making state. I pinned my first two kids, then wrestled the number one kid again from vista ridge. I wrestled well, but of course he still beat me. I hadnt wrestled the kid who got 3rd so he got to wrestle me for the spot to go to region. Man did that make me nervous! But I pinned him too, so now I placed 2nd and have punched my card to region! Now I have to place in the top 4 in region to make state. It will be a tough road, but I'll do my best.

RECORD: 25-12; 17 pins. NEXT: Region Tournament, SA Texas Blossom Center

No comments: