Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Senior Night

Well tonight was my last duel that I would ever wrestle, and last match I would ever wrestle at Westlake. We wrestled Cedar Park, who is in our district and I was excited to get some more district experience. It was also our senior night, and we got to recognize all of our seniors. We really were an excellent class. Our class and the year right under us are the ones that put Westlake wrestling on the map and set the standard higher. I'm really grateful for the opprotunity I've had to compete and train with such fine individuals.

The duel was pretty much a blow out for us, we won 60-12. I wrestled up at 140 because they didnt have a 135, and I pinned the guy in the first period. A fitting way to end my career at Westlake wouldn't you say?

It is wierd that my wrestling career is coming to an end. It has been such a huge part of my life, and its almost over. I wont wrestle competitively in college, however I do plan on sticking with the sport in whatever way I can. But it is still an odd feeling. I'm really gonna miss it.

But I cant focus on that right now, the season isn't over and I still have my goal of making state to accomplish. Tomorrow we are traveling up to Ohio to wrestle a tournament in Marion. It will be intense going up against Ohio wrestlers, but I'll do my best to represent my state proudly. Remember, dont mess with Texas!

Record: 19-10; 12 pins Next: MARION OHIO TOURNAMENT!

No comments: